Restaurant work is hard, no doubt, but it doesn't have to be difficult. Having a great team to lean on makes all the difference! We're always on the lookout for folks who appreciate the moment all the ingredients of teamwork come together, and take pride in the detail and focus it takes to get to that moment. We're a family of folks who share our talents, and recognize that learning is a lifelong journey. No egos - just teamwork, passion and good humor.
We take our mission seriously: to continue raising the bar for the definition of "cozy little neighborhood place", and making the team the best it can be.
posted 2/20/2018: GENERAL MANAGER - full time, salaried position
We're seeking an experienced professional to lead our front of house team as General Manager. The main role of the General Manager is to successfully maintain day-to-day operations of the restaurant by guiding, mentoring and supporting our hospitality-focused service team, to develop and strengthen relationships with guests, and to collaborate with Chef and Management team. Additionally, the General Manager will assist with social media marketing and oversee our elevated beverage program.
This is a full time position with long term professional growth. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, health insurance benefit, and other perks.
- 2+ years restaurant supervisory experience, demonstrating leadership with an emphasis on polish and passion for hospitality
- previous experience developing and maintaining a financially successful wine and beer program
- proven ability to mesh historical data, industry trends and forecasting to pro-actively manage the team, care for our guests, and meet financial goals
- computer literacy: MS suite, Open Table, scheduling software, Quickbooks, basic office equipment, social media applications (Instagram, etc)
Please email a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com
posted 2/20/2018: HOST - part time, hourly position ($12/hour)
We're looking for a past time host to join our team. No experience is necessary, but candidates must love smiling, multi-tasking, and learning new things. This position is approximately 2 shifts per week, and requires Sat/Sun availability.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- warm, welcoming demeanor
- positive attitude
- ability to communicate efficiently in a fast paced environment
To apply, please click the link "Blackbird Application" below to complete an application, and follow the instructions for submission.
To apply for an open position, please download and complete our application. Once completed, follow the submission instructions at the bottom of the application: BLACKBIRD APPLICATION.pdf